Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Place Where Dreams Come True


So we've arrived at "The Place Where Dreams Come True," otherwise known as the Disney World Resort. We're here for two days to celebrate Josh's 4th birthday (Molly is in Gainesville with my parents). I made all sorts of sarcastic comments about this silly "dreams come true" slogan that was plastered in large letters on the entrance sign, but by the looks of this picture, maybe there's some truth to it.

If I was a 4-year-old, I might think this place was the end-all be-all (and we haven't even gone into the park yet). When we checked in, the lady at the desk handed us three big, warm chocolate cookies. We rode in the elevator seven floors up to our room. We went out for pizza. Another lady at the hotel gave Josh two balloons and a beach ball (then tried to sell us discount Disney tickets in return for listening at a 90-minute time share pitch at 7:30 a.m. tomorrow).

Basically, Josh has no idea what Disney World is. I think he believes we're already in Disney World, as he's been going 100 miles an hour since he stepped foot out the car. He's been bouncing, jumping, enthusiastically greeting everyone and generally beside himself with happiness. I can't even imagine what tomorrow is going to be like.

2 comments:

Fifi said...

i hope your time in the Magic Kingdom is awesome! I can't wait to hear more about it. :)

D said...

aw that's awesome! I hope you guys had fun!