Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It's Josh's Birthday. Woo Hoo.


One of my "things" as a parent is to not overdo birthdays, which is one reason we opted not to have a big party for him this year (we're saving the big blowout for a real milestone: reaching 5 years old). Despite my best efforts, I still felt partied out today, which is Josh's actual birthday. The Epcot trip was celebration enough for me!

I did take cupcakes and juice to Josh's class, and he was thrilled. I'm sure his teachers were not thrilled with the icing and crumbs all over the carpet. The kid in the orange shirt (this may be what he's looking at in the picture) let the entire glob of icing fall on the floor.

It was fun to see Josh's class and meet his friends, who quickly gathered around Molly's stroller while Josh yelled, "DON'T TOUCH MOLLY!" I'm glad he's getting into the protective spirit--if she continues with her public-loving ways, we're going to need all the help we can get when she's a teenager.

No comments: