Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Round One of Sports Team Indoctrination Goes to:


The Florida Gators.

I have failed my alma mater and allowed my parents to successfully infiltrate Josh's young mind with their UofF propaganda and sports gear, and now Josh pitches a screaming fit if he can't wear an "alligator shirt" every day. His summer uniform has become royal blue Crocs, a pair of shorts and one of his many Gator t-shirts. I feel like somewhat of a parental loser, as my own child is much more in tune with the Gators than the Tar Heels. To my fellow alumni, I apologize.

There is some consolation, however. At least Josh is championing a team that is enjoying unprecedented dominance in college sports. And even more importantly, he may be wearing royal blue, but it's not DUKE blue.

Go Heels.

No comments: