Sunday, June 12, 2011

She dances to her own music

The big day finally arrived: the dance recital! After shelling out lots of dollars for this costume, recital fees, etc. we got to watch Molly on stage for about five minutes. I also attended the dress rehearsal yesterday, so I had the pleasure of watching about three hours of little kids' dance routines this weekend. For all of you who have attended dance recitals, you know how fun this can be!

Molly's class danced a tap routine and a ballet routine. They were possibly the most uncoordinated routines I've ever seen, but I'm happy to say that Molly kept going, with enthusiasm, the whole time. As you can see in the pictures, almost every girl is doing a different dance move.

Molly was thrilled with her flowers (thanks Gran and Grandad!) and trophy, although once again I had to explain to one of my kids that the trophy they received was for participation, not because they were better than all of the other kids. As for the rest of us, we are glad that it will be another year until the next dance recital!

We have video too, which I'll post as soon as I figure out how.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Josh on his big promotion! And to Molly for her first recital :). These are great photos!

And congrats to you for creating another reason to hang out on Franklin Street :).

- corinne