Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween, a bit late

My plan this year was for Josh and Molly to support their future university by dressing up as a UNC basketball player and UNC cheerleader. As you can see, I only partially succeeded. Molly immediately vetoed my suggestion and announced that she wanted to be a brown toad for Halloween. This caused some panic due to the lack of brown toad costumes available, and thankfully she saw this lion outfit in a consignment store and dropped the whole brown toad thing. I mean really, what 3-year-old girl wants to be a brown toad?

You also will notice in this picture that Josh has lost his other front tooth and some more bottom teeth. He has very few teeth in the front of his mouth right now.

We spent the afternoon at the neighborhood Halloween party, which is always great fun. I'm posting a picture of one neighbor who dressed up like his Boston terrier--I have not laughed that hard in a long time as when I saw the googly eyes.

I've told some of you about this interesting guest:

Here are Molly and Siri, Molly's new idol. Siri came over to play with Josh recently, and not long after she had to go home a neighbor came over to tell us that Molly was wandering down the street alone. Molly told me that she was mad that "Siri just got on her scooter and left" and was going to Siri's house to tell her she wasn't ready for her to leave.

Josh really wanted to take the first hit at the pinata, but he had to wait for the younger kids to go first. When he finally got a turn, he took way more than his alloted number of whacks but no one was willing to go near him wildly swinging the bat to make him stop!

Molly makes a break for the first pieces of candy to fall out of the pinata. The candy-grabbing skills she learned at the parade in Iowa this summer helped.

Chris and I had to leave mid-party so he could take me to the airport, and many thanks to Tim and Hannah who manned our house and took Molly trick-or-treating!

1 comment:

corinne said...

Yay! I've kept checking for Halloween pics (and hilarious stories!) - thanks, Marty. I have to say that in the picture of Josh and the pinata, it looks like you succeeded in the UNC cheerleader department :). Too bad that Molly didn't want to carry a basketball and be a Lady Tar Heel, though. Wait, was that not what you were going for? (Hee hee.)