Friday, May 16, 2008

Children on the Loose

Today got a little extra exciting when we grilled out and our children ran free. Chris and I were in the kitchen when Josh began shrieking like a girl from the backyard. We started making jokes about how he was never going to get a date if he didn't come up with a more manly shriek, but when we went outside we were glad to see there was a reason (sort of) for the high-pitched panic. I'm not quite sure how he managed this, but he couldn't get out. He got really mad when Chris paused to take a picture before helping him. Welcome to parenting in the age of blogging--no act goes unrecorded!

I stayed in the kitchen while Chris was dealing with the Josh situation. I knew Molly was roaming, but I got lulled into that "quiet is good" trap. When I looked up I saw this:

1 comment:

corinne said...

You are hilarious :). I actually had a similar experience out on the playground with some preschoolers today (one of whom looks like he could be Josh's slightly younger brother, by the way): they were all dying to get into the baby swings as well! However, they wanted me to lift them in. My response: "Uh, no, you'll get stuck." Their response: "No, we won't!" My reply: "You're too heavy for me to lift that high." Their back-up plan: ask the real teacher. She lifted them in and out... until one kid got stuck, his shoe was wrenched off, and a second teacher had to come over to help extricate his legs from the swing as he screamed :). But no photographic evidence was taken. Poor Josh! At least there wasn't any incriminating audio recording going on!