Friday, May 2, 2008

10,000 Steps a Day

The old double jogging stroller has been drug out of the garage this week after my friend Jenny issued a challenge to see who could walk the most steps in seven days. I am determined to win because her husband, a woodturner, has offered one of his beautiful wood winestoppers as the prize.

That has meant Josh and Molly have taken up residence in the jogging stroller, which they seem OK with. Josh has named the stroller's two seats "The Josh" and "The Baby," so each day he determines who gets which seat. Today he is sitting in "The Josh" (only he seems to understand the difference between the two).

My goal is to average 10,000 steps a day (tracked via pedometer), which has been a lot harder than I thought. We're walking about an hour a day (sometimes between multiple walks), and I've had to majorly rearrange my schedule to fit in exercise time. Today we had an unexpected treat when we walked along a greenway in a nearby neighborhood and came upon this great park.
And just for the record, I do not endorse Josh's "Crocs 'n Socks" look. That's all Chris' doing.

No comments: