Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Summer Road Trip

The kids and I hit the road earlier this month for our road trip to Iowa. After two days of driving, much of it through corn fields, we were very happy to arrive at Shelley's house! Josh and Molly had a great time hanging out with Maggie, Alex and Sara -- here they are playing on a queen-size air mattress in the camp pool. As you can imagine, Shelley and I had our hands full with five kids between us!

One morning we took a hike on the camp grounds to a swinging bridge and a cave.

The main event of our visit was a triathlon Shelley and I competed in on Sunday to celebrate 20 years of friendship. We met our freshman year of college! The triathlon, specifically riding a bike on the windy, hilly country roads of Iowa, nearly did me in, but I was glad to finally stagger across the finish line!

A big thanks to Shelley's husband Kevin, who brought the older kids to watch the race and took pictures.

1 comment:

corinne said...

I need to hear more about this trip (and the much-anticipated-with-great-anxiety triathlon)!!