Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Field Trip Fun

I was persuaded to chaperon the kindergarten field trip to a local farm for the second year in a row, so I spent the morning herding kids, mostly Josh. The kids went on a hayride, learned where milk comes from, ran through a straw maze and a pumpkin patch and learned how to make cornmeal. And if that wasn't enough, we ended the trip with a big picnic. I was in charge of four kids, and three of them were very agreeable and followed me around. Guess which one didn't.

My charges

Josh and his teacher, Mrs. Myers

Josh did a great job standing in the barn while the farmer talked about a skinny cow that didn't have much milk this year, so the kids could only look at the cow rather than try to milk it. Fun fact that we learned: Cows have no upper teeth.

No comments: