Sunday, September 14, 2008

Steph Rocks

I'm detouring from my regular Josh and Molly chatter to congratulate Steph on completing her first triathlon today. Emily, Vivy and I got up at the crack of dawn to make it to the course to cheer Steph on this morning, and we were amazed and inspired by how well she did. Steph has been training for months, and she finished strong.

This triathlon was called SheROX and was all-women. Each athlete had her age written in marker on her calf, and it was amazing to watch women in their forties and fifties compete with the young 'uns. Here's Steph nearing the finish line:

The next athletic fete in our crowd will be Chris and Randy competing in Charlotte's Thurnder Road marathon in December. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

corinne said...

Wow. I'm impressed!

So, when are you and Emily planning on a run? And I'd bet that Josh would have the energy to run for miles and miles and miles, too :).

Marty said...

Emily and I are running for our personal fulfillment (ha ha), or as Josh refers to it, "joggling."

We've actually gotten Josh to run for 1/2 mile at a time. If I can get him up to a mile, I may try to do a 1-mile "fun run" with him.

Fifi said...

joggling. that's awesome. thanks for the post! i was so glad you guys were there to support and cheer! it really meant a lot!

MetzlCW said...

No pressure Marty! We may be dead from training by then!