Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Why?

We are certainly not ashamed to be members of the Bald Baby Club, but I am increasingly perplexed as to why people do not equate babies (regardless of the amount of hair they have or don't have) wearing pink with girls. This is what Molly was wearing yesterday, and a man walked up to us at the grocery store (Molly was sitting in the cart) and said, "Hi, Mr. Blue Eyes." Did he really think I would dress my baby boy in a pink shirt and pink shoes with flowers on them in a day and age when there are a bazillion choices of children's clothing? I know I'm not the only mom with this issue, but it makes me so mad! Molly's wardrobe is 95 percent pink to offset any gender questions her baldness might entail, but with some people it just doesn't matter. I may have to start strapping a big bow to her head.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

we're totally in that club too, and i have to say that a bow helps but doesn't entirely eliminate the problem. what in the world!?!