Sunday, April 10, 2011

2011 Easter Egg Hunt

The weather was near 80 degrees today for the neighborhood Easter egg hunt, which involved 1,660 plastic eggs hidden in the woods. We enjoyed sharing the event with a number of Japanese families, some who experienced this American tradition for the first time.

Molly and her friend Jolie listening to the Easter egg hunt instructions

Josh was disqualified from the Easter egg roll once again this year for picking up the egg and running to the finish line instead of rolling the egg on the ground. He has a "do whatever it takes to win, regardless of the rules" attitude toward games!

This is my friend Junko, who I tutor in English once a week. Junko and another friend took me to a Japanese grocery store last week so that I could try some Japanese cooking at home. I was so proud of my first Japanese dish, only to have another lady tell me later I had cooked "Japanese junk food"! This week we'll be trying Japanese seaweed, but the kids don't know that yet.

No comments: