Sunday, August 15, 2010

What we've been up to

It has been a busy two weeks since we returned home from Iowa. We stayed in Charlotte for a week, then headed out last Wednesday for Florida to spend some time with my parents. We've put thousands of miles on the car, but it's all been quite fun. I can't say, however, I'm too sad that school starts in just over a week!

Eating out is actually a notable event for us, as with Josh's dietary restrictions we tend to stay at home. This photo is also notable because this meal was right after church, and Molly is wearing a monkey on her wrist that says "Las Vegas" on its back. Great church accessory!

We went to the local spray fields with neighborhood friends

The kids made garden stepping stones at home

We enjoyed ice cream out of a vending machine at a rest stop on the way to Florida

Molly especially enjoyed the ice cream

We visited an elephant ranch near my parents' house, and unfortunately the elephant ride portion of the day was rained out.

We went back to the Butterfly Rain Forest

We ended our last full day here with a stop at Florida's football stadium to check out my parents' new seats for football season. Josh thankfully told my dad that the Tar Heels beat the Gators, which is why I'm OK with him doing the Gator chomp in this photo.


No comments: