Saturday, October 17, 2009

Grammar Slammer

A lot happened today, but here's the most important: We took the kids to our next-door neighbor's wedding (she actually invited them), and at dinner Chris told Josh to "sit proper." Josh yelled out "ly," as in Chris should have said, "Sit properly." Josh was right.

A glimmer of hope that my genes have somehow influenced one of my children! I was so proud.


We also talked a lot with Josh this evening about marriage, as he thought Laura was marrying the church at first, then he wanted to know if he, I, Molly and Chris would all marry the church. I told him that Chris and I were already married to each other, and one day he would marry someone else. He fired back, "Are you going to have another kid then?" I told him not to worry--he would not easily be replaced, especially when I'm in my 50s or 60s. Yikes.

Here are some pictures from the wedding, which the kids enjoyed other than the realization that they're really going to miss our neighbor.

This is why we are bringing the portable DVD player and setting it up under the table at the next wedding the kids attend. This was less than a minute after we arrived at our table.

We waited a loooong time for them to cut the cake, and in the meantime Molly pondered the brownie we had brought for Josh.

Still waiting. . .

Josh was really into taking pictures tonight with the disposable camera on the table. When the cake cutting actually happened, Josh surprised us all and bolted over to the cake and snapped some pictures. I was standing to the side laughing at his boldness; I'm not sure if the other guests were amused. Maybe there's some photojournalism running in his blood too.

No comments: