Sunday, August 16, 2009

Panhandle Tour

I'm in Florida with the kids this week, and we spent the weekend in the Florida panhandle with our extended family. The kids especially enjoyed communing with the animals, and Josh took his first tractor ride.

Molly recently has taken to declaring "I LIKE CATS" whenever the subject of dogs comes up. In this photo she's pointing to my cousin's cat, who had taken refuge out of Molly's reach. Aunt Grace later caught the cat so that Molly could pet him.

Josh rode with my cousin Jessica on the tractor while she bush hogged the property. The tractor originally belonged to my grandfather Josh (who Josh is named after), and it amazingly still runs well.

The horse thought Molly's hair seemed a lot like grass

Molly did warm up to my cousins' dogs, Peachy and Buddy.

Jon and Amy now live in the panhandle, so we all went to the beach this morning. Tropical Depression Claudette, which we didn't realized existed until this morning, made it unsafe to swim, but the kids enjoyed playing in the sand.

3 comments:

Fifi said...

Marty, we missed you and kiddos at Family Dinner tonight, but it looks like you guys are having a great time!

Hannah Murray said...

That swing photo is awesome!

corinne said...

Such fun photos! I'm especailly glad to see Josh wearing an Augustana shirt rather than a UF one, while in Gator territory no less :).