Saturday, March 7, 2009

Corporate Cup

We kicked off the racing season today with the Corporate Cup half marathon relay. We were SO happy that the weather was warm and sunny, and it was a beautiful day for running. Chris and the kids made it out to cheer me on for my leg of the relay, and they were a welcome sight at the top of possibly the longest hill in Charlotte.

Josh made a quick run out on the road to see me, but he was a little too quick for the camera.

Here's Steph coming in for a strong finish to our relay. We unfortunately did not have the camera with us when Emily ran.

The kids were not quite as excited about the finish of the race as we were, but they perked up when I raided the table of free bananas for them.

1 comment:

corinne said...

Wow, Marty - impressive! I'm glad that you had a nice day for doing crazy things like running half marathons for fun :).