Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Big K

We rolled into Charlotte about 10:30 last night, and Josh was a little unhappy about being drug out of bed at 7 a.m. to get ready for his first day of kindergarten. I was a little nervous at first--here's how he looked at the breakfast table:

Luckily he perked up before 8 a.m., and we drove through the remnants of tropical storm Fay and joined hundreds of minivans in the school drop-off line. He was happy to get out of the car with a new teacher, and he didn't even say good-bye to me! All I've been able to get out of him about his day was that he didn't go to time out, the playground was muddy and he went to the library. All in all, we'll call it a good start.

And in honor of our good friend Fay, which is now dumping rain on Charlotte, here are some pictures from one of the worst rains during our Florida trip.

Here's Molly watching the rain and lounging on a chair my mom had pulled under the shelter.

3 comments:

corinne said...

Yay, Josh! I'm glad that he seems to like kindergarten so far - I'm sure that it will only get more fun :).

As for Fay, it started pouring rain here in the DC area about half an hour ago... there go my plans for spending any time outside today!

Anonymous said...

Josh looks like he is going to enjoy Kindergarten.
Marty, I enjoy your blog so much. It's a great way to keep up with your family. xoxoxo to all

Anonymous said...

What school is Josh at? I have some Kindergarten teacher friends in the Charlotte area! Hope Josh's first day of K was better than mine today! Miss you!