Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Egg in the Face

Our neighborhood hosted a post-Easter egg hunt on Monday because many of the kids were out of school, and Josh held his own in the more difficult "older kids" hunt in the woods. Molly and her fellow babies picked up eggs off a grassy field.
The most interesting part of this Easter celebration was our first annual egg toss. Josh was thrilled to get to wear a protective garbage bag and couldn't wait to get his hands on the raw egg. There was no way this situation wouldn't end in disaster, so I volunteered to be Josh's partner to negate any impending craziness. Sure enough, when it was his turn to toss the egg to me (I was standing about four feet away from him) he tossed the egg right at my face. I luckily turned to the side and it bounced off my forehead before splattering on the ground. I'm sorry to say we don't have this moment caught on film.

No comments: